You are able to make as many changes as you like to your submission before the final deadline of midnight on November 25, 2019 (23:59:59 – Greenwich Mean Time). At that time, the zipped (compressed) file of images uploaded to your account via the File Uploader at the bottom of this page will be the images that are entered into the competition.
Please follow the steps below to ensure your images are uploaded correctly.
Read the submission requirements and prepare your work accordingly. Some restrictions apply and incomplete or incorrectly entered submissions will not be considered by the judges, so please ensure you have read the requirements and your submission has been prepared correctly.
Copy your final set of images into a folder on your desktop. The name of that folder should be your name (e.g. “John Smith”). Now compress that folder. If you do not know how to compress a folder, please follow the applicable link below for more information (opens a new window).
- Compress or uncompress files and folders on Windows (PC)
- Compress or uncompress files and folders on Mac
On PC, a new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location.
On Mac, a new zipped folder is created in the same location, but that file will be named “Archive”. Please rename the “Archive” folder using your name (e.g. “John Smith”). To rename it, right-click the folder, select “Rename”, and then type your name.
If you have zipped the folder correctly, the file name should end “.zip” (e.g. “John_Smith.zip”).
Please only use latin characters (a to z).
At the bottom of this page, click the “CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD FILE” button below and select the zipped file from your computer.
Wait until the file uploader has finished working, then hit the “SAVE FILE” button.
Your submission has now been uploaded and saved to your account.
Important: Once you have uploaded your zipped file, you will not be able to open and view the images in that file. However, the zipped file will be visible at the bottom of this page below the File Uploader. The image shown to the left is an example of how this will appear.
How to Make Edits
How to edit your images
If you need to make any changes to your images, please delete the previously uploaded zipped folder and repeat the process outlined above using your updated images. To delete your file, hover your mouse over the zipped file icon, then click on the trash icon in the center, as shown in the example to the left (outlined in red).
How to edit your profile texts
To make changes to your profile texts (Biography, Project Description, Story Proposal), please click here. Once you have edited your profile, return to the website via the link in the top left hand corner of the webpage.
If you are having difficulty uploading your zipped file, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- Your file is in the wrong file format (zip only). Follow the steps above.
- Your file is too large – individual images should not be more than 10mb in size. The zipped file size should therefore not exceed 200mb.
- The website is experiencing high levels of traffic – please try again later
- You are using an old version of the Chrome browser. We recommend updating to the latest version of Chrome or using another browser such as Firefox.
- Your file name contains non-latin characters. Please rename the file using latin/roman characters (A-Z).
- Zipped files may take several minutes to upload, especially if the site is busy, so please do not leave this page until the upload has finished.
If a submission is incomplete or incorrectly entered, it will not be considered by the judges, so please ensure that you carefully read the submission requirements before entering.
If you have read the submission requirements and the troubleshooting advice but require further assistance, please be aware that we are based in Japan and will respond to your email during Japanese office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm).