Ziyah Gaﬁc is an award winning photojournalist with 19 years of experience, focusing on societies in conflict and Muslim communities across the globe. He covered major news stories in over 50 countries. His work has appeared in TIME, Le Monde, The New York Times, GEO, The Sunday Times Magazine, La Repubblica, The Telegraph Magazine, The New Yorker etc. He authored five books including Troubled Islam, Quest for Identity, and Heartland. His work won a plethora of awards, including multiple awards at World Press Photo, Visa pour l’image, Arles Rencontres de la photographie and grants from Magnum Foundation, Getty Images and Prince Claus Fund. Ziyah is member of VII Photo Agency and a TED Speaker.
Posted by Thaddeus Pope
Thaddeus Pope is the Director of Visual Communications for The International Academic Forum (IAFOR) and the Creative Director of the IAFOR Documentary Photography Award.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)